As we grow in our relationship with God in prayers on daily basis, it is of great importance and benefits for us to know how God grant answers to prayers. This will help us to be very sensitive to what happens during and after the prayers. Most prayers are answered but, many lack the knowledge of how God answers their prayers, and therefore groans that their prayers are not answered.
As much as God wants us to pray, He guarantee us results. His unfading promise still remains, “And whatever you ask in My name, that I will do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son” (John 14:13). The Father wants to be glorified in the Son by granting answers to your prayers. Christ gave us assurance for answers to our prayers when we ask according to the will of the Father.
The Five ways God answers Prayers
1. God answers prayers by giving us Insightful idea, or Revelation: Revelation is a transforming information. For example, someone who has been praying to be delivered from poverty, and God really want to grant him/her the request, God will not rain down money from heaven. God may give such individual an idea that if he/she could wisely follow, could lead to a generational breakthrough as far as finance is concern. Most time, when you ask for financial provision, always ask yourself, if I had so and so amount, what will I do with it? How can it be consistently multiplied? What do I want to do with it? You must first answer the question. I discovered that, most times, money is not the first thing you need. You need divine ideas on how to handle your finance. So as you cry out to God, be mindful of revelations or ideas the Holy Spirit brings to your heart. When He speaks, may you hear. Paul prayed for Ephesians church that, “the eyes of your understanding be enlightened; that you may know what is the hope of His calling, what are the riches of the glory of His inheritance in the saints ” (Ephesians 1:18). The wealth of Solomon did not come as money, but as divine insights called ‘wisdom’. Note, here, not every good ideas are from God, but every ideas from God are good. Listen to the voice of the Spirit.
2. God answers our prayers by bringing people on our ways: As we seek God to grant answers to a request we made, He may answer by bringing people unto your life. There are people of destiny. People attached to your destiny. You need to be careful so as to discern this set of people. Such are people who add to you, or multiply you. Boaz was the answer to the prayers of Ruth. Moses was the answer to the prayers of Israel. God raises men/women as answers to prayers. Watch out for people God has placed there for you.
3. God Answers Prayers by Divine Empowerment: There are times that as you present your request, what God does is to empower you to carry out that task. Many people have not recognized this fact. There are certain things you are asking for, and what God has in mind is for you to take responsibility. So, He empowers you to carry out the task. Example was when the Amalekites came to Ziklag, carried away to captivity the women and those that were there including the wives of David. (1 Samuel 30:1-31). David prayed, God told him to pursue them. God empowered him and he was able to recover all. May you be divinely empower to take responsibilities where needed in Jesus name.
4. God Answers Prayers by Giving Signs: Most of time, when you pray, you may begin to notice certain signs and signals all around your life. It take spiritual maturity to understand and comprehend what God is trying to communicate to you here. These signs may be a symbol of ‘yes’ to your requests or a ‘no’. Your level of relationship with God will determine your understanding of this aspect of answers to prayers. When you pray, take note of this aspect of your walk with God. He gives signals. It may not be all the time God will bring you ideas, or bring people to your way or gives you empowerment. God also gives signals and signs in answer to your prayers. Example was in the voyage of Paul and other prisoners to Rome in Acts 27. Paul expressed his perception about the movement but it was despised. As they went on, disasters happened that Paul had to remind them of what he earlier adviced. Don’t despise divine signals and signs God brings your ways in answers to your prayers.
5. God Answers Prayers by Carrying Out our Requests on our Behalf: There are certain things you really need God to do that no one else would have done for you. You may need peace over certain life issue, only God can give you that. You may need your spouse or relative get saved, only God can grant that. You may need good health, etc. This is the most common believe of people about how God answers prayers and I love to tell you that, God still do. Have faith in Him, and He shall grant the desire of that heart. He said, “whatever things you ask when you pray, believe that you have received them and you shall have them” (Mark 11:24)
Above all, as I read through the scripture, faith remains the currency to access divine resources. Your faith must be alive, you must believe God is able to do that which you ask or think according to the power that works in you.
Read also: 7 The Things Holy Ghost Fire will do in you
Read more of our life transforming articles on http://www.thelamblions.wordpress.com
Have passion for transformation?
You can also send mail to email@example.com